Sunday, August 22, 2010

99 days and counting!

Well, we are now in the double digits. Just 99 days to go. I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow! And now, we have taken on a rather large project for the two of us - we are getting our wood floors refinished. I'm not sure if it's the nesting or what, but I felt the need to get these floors fixed up and shiny before baby comes. I knew it would be very difficult to do once the baby comes, and it had to be done before we ever sell the house... plus, having dogs, the wood was getting pretty beat up. But, the timing could have been a little better.

25 wks, 6 days in our newly emptied living room.
Besides me being 6 months pregnant, Mike starts school tomorrow. He's taking 5 classes and will have to work a minimum of 4 shifts a week at Izakaya in order to keep his job. He's got enough to worry about, and now we're moving all of our furniture into the garage, and taking the dogs to a Motel for 2-3 nights. And we still have to finish the baseboards in the nursery! Agghh! Why am I so nutso about getting this house so perfect?? Besides the nesting excuse, I think it's got a lot to do with boredom. Mike works nights, and I don't have grad school to keep me busy anymore (THANK GOODNESS), so I mostly come home and clean and read a little and play with the pups. It gets boooring. Mike got me a couple of puzzles to keep me busy, but we find one random piece here or there in the yard with lil doggy teeth marks in them, so I never even get to see a completed puzzle. Oh well. One day soon here I'll be so un-bored that I'll wish I could have this time again, right?

Daddy & Baby, Black Flag Fans Forever
Mike and I found this Black Flag shirt at a local boutique after searching for something like it on the internet for months. So fun! Although, I refuse to disclose how much we spent on it. I think Mike and I are going to start a baby band t-shirt business. We may even use organic cotton so we can become millionaires! I cannot believe how much some of this baby stuff costs, but there is obviously a market out there if, as much as I complain about the price, I still buy it.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, we always bought ridiculously expensive stuff for Cindy's kids. It seemed ok since it was just occasionally. Once we started buying for our own baby, after a couple of purchases like that, we had to put a nix on it. We didn't want to go bankrupt dressing our child. =)

    and you have your next prenatal appt. coming up soon, right? Do you love going? I always liked it- especially, hearing the baby's heartbeat on the little doppler.

    ReplyDelete