Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's A Boy! And Other News...

I know, it's old news by now - we are having a BOY! I haven't been able to update the blog because we were having trouble getting some of our pics off of our computer, but we have it all figured out now...

This is a profile shot of the little one. This ultrasound day was probably one of the most amazing days of my life. The excitement and anticipation had Mike and me overwhelmed. I am pretty sure that our adrenaline was at its height. Mike held my hand, and the lady asked a few times if we wanted to know the sex - and we were CERTAIN that we did, we assured her. It was like the moment she placed the wand on my belly, she announced, "It's a boy!" Our reactions were ecstatic - tears of joy and smiles from ear to ear, squeezing each others hands... I wanted to jump up half naked and dance around. It was AMAZING. I'll never forget it.

Here is a pic (left) of that same day, the day we knew who was inside my belly, 20 weeks & 1 day pregnant.


 After all of this excitement settled down a little, we went camping with our boys (Rolex, Adela & Jesus- our dogs, plus the lil man in my belly) and Nick & Travis. It was a beautiful trip! Nice to get away from the 90 degree weather we had here in Denver (I know, weird!). Mike, the dogs and I went on a 4 hour hike and had a blast. This was when I was 22 weeks.

 I am now 23 weeks along, and feeling great. I've started exercising even more - going to the gym at lunch and just doing the elliptical or something and doing prenatal yoga at this great studio, Spiral Yoga. I am loving it there. I really think it is helping me stay in somewhat ok shape, too. I've read that 3 out of 4 pregnant women do not exercise as much as they should and I am hoping to be that one mom who does. Besides, I've heard it helps with labor and delivery, getting back to normal weight post-pregnancy and sleep (I can attest to that!). I am totally motivated. I hope it lasts!

We have our first appointment at the birthing center next Tuesday - I cannot wait. I have a list of questions in my head that I still need to jot down! I'm also getting excited about the baby showers to come. I'll be heading home to FL next month (I know, ALREADY!) for a shower which will probably be my last visit for quite some time. Then in October, the girls are going to have one here in Denver for us - Halloween themed. :) I am still trying to come up with an original belly costume - because by then, belly will be BIGGG. I'm excited to have some parties to look forward to! September - party, October - party, November (or more likely with my luck, December) BABY!

Mike is painting the nursery as I type this! I finally found the right dreamsicle orange. I think it's going to look delicious, just like I wanted! There is a lot of other remodeling involved with the nursery (baseboards, door frames, etc.), so I'll post the before and afters as soon as we have some afters.

5 comments:

  1. This post made me cry! I wish I was there with you guys. Your belly pics are adorable. Miss you Lauren and Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... love it!!
    and a few things...
    1) I really could imagine you jumping around the room half naked and having to do everything in your power to restrain yourself from doing so.
    2) I teared up reading that, too.
    3) My God.... your boobs!! They are already humongous!!
    4) and I can't wait to hear about the Birth Center. I hope it lives up to your expectations, and I hope you feel much more at home there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats babe!! its not new news to all of us! I love the baby blog - keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, we miss you too! I wish we could see each other before November. :(

    Michele - Haha! Yes, It took a lot for me not to get off that table and jump around, but since I got to see more ultrasound pics of this little baby I was able to contain myself. :) I'll let you know how the birthing center visit goes!

    Lyds- - I forget that not everyone checks my facebook page regularly for updates. HA! I will keep the blog up and keep you in the loop, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, please post some pics of the birth center! The girls in my lactation group were saying that there are no birthing centers in GA. How can this be? I am so happy that you found a special place for you and Mike to welcome baby precious into the world.
    You do just look radiant and your camera works really good huh? Have you started a registry? Hugs and kisses form all of us :)

    ReplyDelete