Monday, June 28, 2010

18 Weeks & Headed to Florida!


Yeehaw! Two days left of work before we head to St. Augustine! I am so ready to get there. I'm not sure if it's the hormones or what, but I have recently been extremely homesick and wishing that we could just move to Florida already. As much as I love my Denver family, I really want to be taken care of!! Parents and siblings and aunts and cousins are soo nice for that. :) I am happy though that I do have such a strong base of friends here that do honestly feel like family. I would hate to leave that.

This is my 18 week belly picture from this morning. It's really getting big! We got a new camera (SPLURGE) so I hope to get some cooler shots than this soon. This is just with my iPhone - I've taken pics every week since week 5 like this. Now that there is actually a belly there, a new camera can capture the growth! We decided to splurge on the camera because it is such a treasure to be able to capture those baby moments in clarity and with creativity. The camera comes with photography classes too, so maybe I'll get a chance to actually learn how to use the thing before the baby comes!!

I was able to get in at Mountain Midwifery for our 24 week appointment! I'm so happy about that. I wish we could have gone sooner, but it is what it is. We still have one more visit with our current doctor which is good, because otherwise it would have been difficult to get an ultrasound to find out the sex! And there's no way we could make it without knowing... I really think the 20 week appointment is going to be amazing. I'm so excited to connect to the little boy or little girl we have growing! I know it would be so exciting to wait until the birth to find out, but we are waayy too ready to know. Plus, it's nice to break up the 40 weeks of pregnancy with some exciting news!

Our 20 week appointment is scheduled for July 13th, 1:00 pm MST. Two weeks and 1 day to go! So crazy! We are so close to the halfway mark. I'm still totally comfortable - able to sleep, still have energy, still exercising, etc! I am relishing in that since I know that the last weeks aren't quite as fun. So for now, we our loving our lives and the little life inside me.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great looking bump! All of this is such great news and I'm just going crazy to find out if little precious is a boy or girl. Love to you and Mike

    ReplyDelete