Monday, June 7, 2010

15 Weeks Down, 25 To Go



So here is my 15 week belly pic from this morning, although it doesn't seem to do my belly justice. I think it is twice as big before I go to bed! I am pretty much into maternity clothes, but really I'm still in that awkward stage where I don't look all the way pregnant yet. It's at the point where people may wonder, but would never ask because it could just be a gut. Sometimes I poke it out a little more to try and make it more obvious. :)

I'm feeling pretty good- a little tired from our trip to Santa Fe for Sarah's wedding this weekend (which was beautiful by the way), but overall healthy and happy! Mike and I babysat Inzo for a little while on the night of the wedding so Sarah could let loose, and Inzo was adorable and hilarious. He did not want to go to bed, so he just kept clapping (his new trick) even though his eyes were mostly closed. Mike was such a sweetheart - he hung out with me and Inzo instead of partying it up with the rest of the crew. I gots me a good one. :)

I'm still dealing with insurance drama, but we are trying to get into Mountain Midwifery for the second half of my pregnancy (http://www.mountainmidwifery.com/). We toured the place and fell in love! It just looks so much more inviting than a hospital room - so much more personal and relaxed. Plus, the possibility of c-section is sooo much lower there. I think the c-section rate of their patients is like 2% compared to the national average of about 30%. Oh, and I could even do a water birth there if I wanted!

I'm still trying to determine what kind of childbirth classes to take. So far, it's between the Bradley method and Hypnobirth method. I really am leaning towards Hypnobirthing since I think it will take the anxiety away from the pain and fear. But it's not very common, so I'm still researching. I have a friend Vanessa who just started her first class and is due in July I think, so I'll soon know how she does.

My 16 week appt is June 15th with my current doctor. Then we are off to FL on June 30th for Fun on the Fourth! I'll let you know when we get our 20 week appt scheduled to find out the sex! It will be sometime in mid-July. Mike is really leaning towards a girl now, while I'm still thinking its a boy.

I still have NO idea what kind of cloth diapers, stroller, crib, playpins, swings, etc that I am going to want/need, so any advice in those areas would be great! Sarah is taking me on a little tour at Babies R Us next weekend to let me know what she would have liked so I can get a sense of what works, but it's all pretty overwhelming. I can't even decide what kind of body pillow I want, much less what kind of gadgets and doohickeys I'll need for a child that I don't even know yet!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, I did read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and it was probably my favorite pregnancy book. The stories were very inspiring, even with being a bit crunchy for even me at times. I also loved going on mothering.com forums. I still do. Again, sometimes way too crunchy, but a lot of other mothers that have walked the same path. There are due date clubs on there, too. They are really fun when it gets to your due month. Reading others' birth stories makes it all seem so doable!
    I wrote a very thorough blog about cloth a couple of months ago with some great links. I still love mine btw.

    and WOW, 16 week appt. in just a couple of days... can you believe it!?!!? You are going to be able to feel movement within the next month or so *LOVE*!!
    Still can't wait to talk to you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren!
    so glad you are blogging. It's so much fun. We have one too, I almost think it's necessary when you are away from home during such an amazing time in your life. I'm missin' hard on st. augustine as well.

    I hope you guys get into the midwifery... we are going to a hospital, I couldn't find a cool birthing center near us. Which i thought was weird for LA... i really wanted to do a water birth.

    I just recently learned about hypnobirthing. I think it's too late for me to take classes (we are due august 1st). But i think it sounds soooo rad. I may just buy a book and see if i can learn a few techniques to help me chillax.

    There is so much stuff out there!! It is completely overwhelming. We finally same some key decisions... but we are still undecided on diapers. I mean there are soooo many options. And I hate that they are all online. I want to SEE them in person!! I think we're going to have to get some disposables for at least the first couple of weeks while we are trying to figure out everything else!!!

    Good luck to you guys. Please keep writing! I can't wait to find out what you guys are having.

    xoxo
    -becky

    ReplyDelete